Want a brighter smile? We have a solution for you.
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry procedure done to brighten teeth and remove any discolouration from the teeth. It is not just one of the most popular and frequently adopted dental procedures but is also a fast, easy and inexpensive solution for improving your smile and changing your appearance just in a matter of few minutes. The problem of having yellow or stained teeth is prevalent amongst people throughout the world. However, this can be fixed by certain best teeth whitening remedies and cosmetic procedures. One must note that teeth whitening is not a one-time procedure. It will need to be repeated from time to time if you want to maintain a brighter colour.
All teeth whitening products contain peroxide, which can be either carbamide peroxide (CP) or hydrogen peroxide (HP). The outermost layer of a tooth, which is called the enamel is responsible for the visible colour of your teeth. That's because the reflection and scattering of light off the enamel creates the colour of natural teeth along with the colour of the dentin under it. Having smoother or rougher enamel would also govern the reflection of light and therefore the colour.
A lot of factors go in when it comes to noting the reason behind teeth yellowing or teeth discolouration. Here are a few of them:
• Medications: Some over-the-counter medications, antibiotics and especially antihistamines can discolour or stain your teeth in no time.
• Excess Fluoride Concentration: Excessive fluoride in the bones can cause chalk-like stains on your teeth.
• Genetics: The brightness and thickness of the enamels are mostly inherited.
• Ageing: With age, the tooth enamel starts thinning and the natural yellow or brown colour of the underlying dentin layer starts to show through.
• Dark Drinks: Dark drinks like coffee, tea, and red wine are well known for their tooth staining capabilities.
• Food Colorants: The consumption of food, mostly fast food that contains food colours as adulterants are also responsible for teeth staining.
• Bad Oral Hygiene: The stain-producing substances are not removed from your teeth due to lack of care that should be taken by brushing and flossing regularly.
There are several types of cosmetic dentistry procedures used for teeth whitening. Here some of the best ways to whiten teeth:
1. Vital Whitening: This is the best teeth whitening method which is performed on teeth having live nerves. A gel is applied directly to the tooth surface. This product contains some form of hydrogen peroxide. If you choose professional teeth whitening, then the teeth whitening procedure will take around 30 to 90 minutes. You will need 1 to 3 appointments. The dentist may use whitening light like laser teeth whitening light, special lights or just the heat from these lights. The dentist will shine the light on your teeth after the whitening agent is applied to your teeth.
Laser Teeth Whitening is a safe and one of the best teeth whitening procedure. A gel (bleaching compound) is applied to your teeth before using a laser to activate the bleaching.
Some of the advantages of laser teeth whitening are:
Phillips zoom whitening is one of the best teeth whitening methods as it can whiten teeth up to eight shades. It is one of the safest laser teeth whitening procedures as it does not harm the teeth & gums. It gives greater lustre and protects the enamel as well.
How long will the results last?
Phillips zoom teeth whitening helps to reduce existing stains, but with the consumption of soft drinks, coffee or through natural ageing. Proper care and maintenance of the teeth can help combat recurring discolouration of teeth.
Zoom teeth whitening is a safe, effective, fast and one of the best teeth whitening laser. Hydrogen Peroxide is used as the brightening agent for zoom whitening. It is an effective procedure for most discoloured teeth. The degree of whiteness varies from person tom person depending on the structure of the tooth.
2. Non-Vital Whitening: Non-vital whitening is done on a tooth that has had root canal treatment and no longer has a live nerve.
Vital whitening may not help whiten a tooth that has had root-canal treatment because the stain on this tooth comes from the inside. For this, your dentist applies the whitening agent inside the tooth and covers it with a temporary filling. This filing stays for a few days before it is removed as soon as the teeth reach the desired shade.
3. Whitening Strips: The active ingredient in whitening strips is carbamide peroxide which is an effective teeth whitener. The strips are flexible and are moulded one by one around the stained/ discoloured teeth area. However, if not done correctly, this may give uneven results.
4. Whitening Toothpaste: For people with mild or very slight discolouring of teeth, a whitening toothpaste might do the task. Whitening toothpaste contains abrasives which are higher in concentration than you would find in any regular toothpaste. It can remove staining on your teeth, but not the internal colour of your teeth.
In case you have the one or more of the following dental problems, it is advised to not opt for the in-house bleaching of teeth. A professional and registered dentist must first be consulted to talk about your dental care and how best teeth whitening can be pulled off in your case of having certain dental problems. These problems may include:
CureIndia helps you choose the right doctor for your medical treatment. Most of the doctors in our associated hospitals have been internationally trained and are active members of many international medical councils and associations. Let's hear from some of the most reputed dentists for Best Teeth Whitening in India.
Teeth whitening is a completely safe procedure. The dentist uses A-quality gels and rubber shields to protect your teeth gums from over bleaching during the teeth whitening procedure. Enamel is one of the hardest tissues in the human body. Teeth whitening treatment can cause temporary tooth sensitivity or mild irritation, however, it goes away in a matter of a few hours after your personal dentist will apply some medication.
Teeth whitening is not a permanent cosmetic procedure for your making your teeth look brighter. It can last from a few months up to 2 years, depending upon certain factors which include your oral hygiene, consumption of dark drinks like wine, tea, coffee, or even practices like smoking, drinking etc.
Opting for Teeth whitening in India is definitely a very good decision, keeping in kind the modern equipment, the dental expertise of the registered dentists present in India, as well as the cost-effectiveness of the treatments. The modern Dental Clinics in Delhi NCR, both offer great teeth whitening services using only high-quality products and supplements along with also offering the advantage of cost-effective treatment.