Finding out that you may benefit from orthodontic treatment can bring with it many questions. What are the treatments available? Which is cost-effective? What is more affordable? What is the difference between traditional braces and Invisalign braces? Our goal at CureIndia is to provide you with the treatment that works best with your smile. Let’s explore all the treatment options available in orthodontic treatment.
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that treats misaligned teeth and jaws into position. Therefore Orthodontic treatment is the use of certain dental pieces of equipment which can correct the position of the teeth. If the misaligned teeth are not given proper orthodontic treatment, they can cause stress of the chewing muscles in the mouth which has further repercussions on the body which include a headache, TMJ syndrome, neck, shoulder and back pain. Fixing misaligned or crooked teeth through an orthodontic treatment- traditional braces or Invisalign braces also help to correct the smile and appearance, making the person more confident.
Some of the reasons for undergoing orthodontic treatment:
• To realign teeth
• To correct space between teeth (diastema) or dental overlap
• To correct an overbite or teeth that are too high
• To prevent premature erosion
The orthodontic treatment uses both, removable and irremovable teeth equipment which are used depending on the complexity, comfort and cost of the treatment that the patient is satisfied with. The basic principle behind this dental equipment (removable/irremovable) is the same, i.e. to apply pressure against the teeth to reposition them.
Fixed dental equipment include:
• Orthodontic Braces: These are the most widely used dental equipment used in an Orthodontic treatment to fix crooked teeth. Braces consist of bands, wires and/or brackets. The bands are fixed along the teeth and the jawline while the brackets are bonded to the front surface of the teeth. The wires are then passed through the brackets and attached to the bands. The tighter the wire is, the higher the pressure on the teeth.
• Special Fixed Appliances: This special dental equipment is used to control thumb sucking or tongue thrusting, both conditions which lead to misaligned teeth.
• Fixed Space Maintainers: This type of Orthodontic treatment is used to keep the space open in case the child loses the baby tooth prematurely.
The removable dental equipment includes:
• Aligners: Aligners or clear aligners are a good alternative to the conventionally used metal or clear brackets. One such widely used aligner is the Invisalign system is particularly one of the new orthodontic treatment options via which we straighten teeth. Invisalign braces can be seen as a comfortable, removable and almost invisible alternative to the unsettling metallic orthodontic braces. Therefore, it's been rising to the forefront of cosmetic dentistry technology. Invisalign treatment consists of a series of see-through orthodontic braces/aligners which gradually move your teeth both horizontally and vertically into position. They work via exerting the perfect amount of pressure to push the teeth into the desired direction, more or less like the metallic braces. The aligners cause teeth movement slightly over a period of two weeks. Hence, every two weeks, depending on the progress of an individual dental case, the set of aligners will change to move the teeth further. As this dental procedure progresses over a period of few weeks and months, the teeth set into the desired position. After an initial consultation, the custom treatment uses 3-D mapping of your teeth which is produced as digital images as well as a physical impression. The very same virtual 3D plan once created, will show your teeth's movement throughout the course of your treatment.
There is now a range of Invisalign treatments that cater to different conditions and type of mouths.
• INVISALIGN FULL: Most design features can be used with this type of braces as they offer the greatest degree of flexibility in terms of treatments possible.
• INVISALIGN LITE: Invisalign Lite uses a fixed number of clear aligners to correct small discrepancies towards an improved smile.
• INVISALIGN TEEN: These are the same as the FULL set except that they come with better benefits for the teenagers. Also come with six replacement aligners at no charge along with offering a room for the growing teeth.
• INVISALIGN i7: The latest addition to the range of Invisalign Service solutions- comprises of a typically shorter treatment time than the standard Invisalign course. This was developed for those people who need minor dental corrections.
If you want your teeth to be aligned properly, then we have a solution for you.
Braces and Invisalign are both are designed to improve your smile and oral health by straightening your teeth over time. Traditional braces have a well-established history of treatment. Invisalign is much newer treatment option but it has gained popularity over time.
|Traditional Braces||Invisalign Braces|
|Traditional braces consist of metal brackets being attached to your teeth, tied together by wires and tiny rubber bands.||Invisalign Braces, on the other hand, is designed to be invisible. The clear aligner trays are made of smooth plastic and worn over the teeth.|
|Once the braces have been installed, they have to be adjusted in order to maintain the correct degree of tension. Regular follow-up appointments (every six to eight weeks on average) are required to allow the professional to monitor the treatment.||Like with conventional braces, adjustment appointments are generally every six to eight weeks. However, clear aligners are changed every two weeks on average, based on your dentist’s recommendations. Each aligner adjusts your teeth according to the plan decided on by your dentist, by applying the required level of pressure.|
Unlike traditional braces, today’s orthodontics has Invisalign braces for you. It is a clear transparent prosthesis which you can wear to straighten teeth without braces. Invisalign braces are also called invisible braces.
Advantages of Invisalign Braces:-
• The Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible
• You can eat or drink whatever you like
• You'll experience fewer emergency visits, without the hassle of brackets and wires breaking
• Maintaining your teeth healthy- you can maintain your teeth while choosing Invisalign in comparison to traditional braces.
The orthodontist will check your candidacy for getting Invisalign. A key to remember is that Invisalign braces work for teens and adults. Kids that still have baby teeth or adult teeth that still have to grow in a lot do not qualify.
Once the examination is done the orthodontists will take the records. It will include:
• Photographs of your teeth and face
• Dental impressions of your teeth
• Two x-rays
We create a customized treatment plant for you using the digital impression. With the treatment plan, you’ll be able to see the final position your teeth are predicted to reach after treatment. This treatment plan is used to develop your customized aligners and also estimate the likely length of your treatment.
We will let you know when the customized aligners are manufactured and ready to deliver.
Your series of custom-made aligners will be given to you. Our team will also inform you of the frequency of changing the aligners and the duration an aligner to be worn in a day.
Our experts will ask you to come for a follow up every 6-8 weeks. We will monitor and analyze your progress along the way.
After you’ve finished your Invisalign aligner treatment, you may need to use retainers to help. It takes time for the bone and all the tissues around your teeth to reorganize and therefore it is necessary to use retainers until your bite stabilizes.
Invisible Aligners or Clear Aligners are a good replacement of traditional braces as they are a comfortable, removable and almost invisible alternative to the unsettling metallic orthodontic braces. If you are looking for affordable clear aligners in India, CureIndia has the best treatment options available for you. Invisalign Braces and Clear Path are used by the orthodontists here, in India which are the best brands for orthodontic treatment through aligners.
If you’re in Australia, the US, UK or anywhere in the world and looking for affordable dental treatment, Cure India is there to help you. For dental procedures like Invisalign, the cost in the west the price of Invisalign braces is usually a bit higher than regular braces.
Apart from providing the best dental care to the patients who are coming miles for smile to India, we provide them complimentary services like:
• Cabs are complimentary for the duration of treatment.
• Clinical consultations with top dental professionals are free
• For full mouth implants, complimentary stay for the duration of the treatment in an elite hotel.
• Medical- coordinator is provided to the patient for better assistance throughout the treatment.
Rest Assured, when you go back home!
So, it’s time to stop waiting and connect with CureIndia and pack your bags for a dental vacation!