Dr Rajesh Khullar is one of the pioneers of extraperitoneal repair of an Inguinal hernia in India and has been associated with the Department of Minimal Access Surgery. He has more than 30 years of experience in his field. He was earlier the Vice Chairman of Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery Centre, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi and he’s the Director of one of the most reputed hospital group- Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, Max Healthcare.
- MBBS (AFMC), AFMC, Poona University
- Internship, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- House Job (Surgery), PGI, Chandigarh
- M.S. (Gen. Surgery), PGI, Chandigarh
- Junior Consultant at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in 1985
- Worked with Dr KC Mahajan from 1985-1995 as an Associate consultant at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Joined a dedicated Department of Minimal Access (Laparoscopic ) surgery along with Dr Pradeep Chowbey at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in 1996 as Senior Consultant and continued to work as Vice Chairman of department till November 2009
- Joined Max Hospital as Senior Consultant in Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery in November 2009.
Awards and Achievements
- President, Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI).
- Honorary Secretary, Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of APHS).
- Joint Secretary, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Hony. Secretary, Indian association of gastrointestinal endosurgeons (IAGES)
- Accredited faculty, National Board of Examinations for a post-doctoral fellowship in Minimal access surgery.
- Faculty member, Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, New Delhi.
- Jr. editor, Hernia section, Journal Of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS)
- Reviewer, Hernia Journal
- Teaching faculty, CEMAST, Mumbai
- Dr Khullar has played a lead role in organizing multiple national and international conferences on various subjects of laparoscopy in India.
- He has been invited as expert and guest faculty for various international and national Bariatric, metabolic and Hernia conferences
- Life Member, International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Life Member, Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- Life Member, Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Life Member, Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member, Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG)