Thigh lift or thighplasty, is a medical procedure for the removal of excess fatty tissues in the thighs in order to achieve a far more attractive and toned look to the upper legs. This procedure is generally opted by those people struggling with excess saggy skin which can happen as a result of drastic weight loss.
People may feel very uncomfortable with upper legs as they age as the skin starts getting loose. For others even despite sticking to diet and exercise post the drastic weight loss, the thighs are not able to achieve the toned look. This is because the fatty tissues, cellulite, and excess skin accumulate on the thighs, which may make look people look heavier than they normally are. Saggy skin also gives people an older look, thereby making people paranoid and extremely self-conscious about their personality.
There are several benefits of a thigh lift. These include:
• Regaining your self-confidence regarding your body
• Attainment of the desired figure, giving your clothes a better look
• More shaped and proportional body stats.
• Smoother, firmer and more youthful appearance.
• Enhanced thigh contours as the excess fat from the inner and outer thighs have been removed.
You will be considered as a good candidate for a thigh lift if:
• People who have a relatively stable weight.
• Individuals with the presence of excessive soft tissue along their inner thighs region and/or outer thighs
• Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that impair healing or increase the risk of surgery
• Adults with overall good health and without any disorders or ailments which may interfere with healing.
• Individuals who have a positive outlook and realistic expectations from a thigh lift.
There are several thigh lift techniques which can be customized according to the needs of every individual patient. These techniques and customization are marked by the shape and size of the incision which the plastic surgeon makes to remove excess fatty skin and tissues. However, to consider a specific technique, the plastic surgeon deeply assesses which kind of thigh lift will suit your body and expectations both. Here the different thigh lifts surgery procedures:
As the name suggests, this type of thigh lift is done to tone the inner thighs. The plastic surgeon targets the stubborn fat and the loose skin which decreases the skin elasticity.
During an inner thigh lift, after injecting anaesthesia, the plastic surgeon makes an incision at the point where between the thigh and the pubic area. The incision at this site not only helps him remove the fatty tissue but also helps to keep the scar almost invisible, which can be hidden by underwear. The plastic surgeon then removes a part of the fat tissues and then tightens and stitches the remaining skin which provides an enhanced look to the legs.
For people having sagging issues particularly with their upper thigh, then the doctor may recommend you for a mini thigh lift, which is a little modification of the inner thigh lift technique. Mini thigh lift consists of smaller incisions and therefore lesser scars around the groin area. This technique produces lesser dramatic results, minimal scarring and a shorter recovery period.
The bilateral thigh lift which is also called the "outer thigh lift" tighten skins the on the front as well as the exterior of the leg. In this technique, the plastic surgeon makes an incision at the top of the leg at the point where the lower edge of a bikini bottom is present, creating a "V" shape.
Every surgery has can have risks and complications ranging from mild to severe. Although, proper consultation with the plastic surgeon, quality and success of the thigh lift treatment may result in minimal complications post the thigh lift surgery. However, some risks may prevail. They are:
• Anaesthesia risks
• Poor healing of the injury
• Fluid accumulation
• Asymmetry in thighs
• Persistent pain
• Skin discolouration
• Numbness is skin
• A recurring looseness of skin
• A possibility of additional surgery