Dr. Randeep Wadhwan - Bariatric, General & Laparoscopic Surgeon
Dr. Randeep Wadhwan is Head Department of Minimal Access Surgery, Bariatric, Metabolic Surgery & Gastrointestinal Surgery at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi. Dr. Randeep Wadhwan is having More than 30 years of expertise in Minimal Access Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Metabolic Surgery for Type 2 Diabetes. He has performed more than 30,000 laparoscopic surgeries till date. He has trained more than 500 surgeons in the field of Bariatric, metabolic surgeries and advanced laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgeries.
He has an experience of more than 1000 MIPH (Minimally invasive procedure for hemorrhoids). Dr. Randeep Wadhwan is also performing STARR procedure (Stapled trans anal resection of the rectum)for patients of Rectal prolapse, very few surgeons in India are doing the procedure. Certified by European Colpo proctology
He is also performing the latest minimally invasive treatment for Fistula in Ano- VAAFT (Video assisted Anal Fistula Treatment). He was a member of the team performing a Lap assisted PCNL for an ectopic Kidney - one of only 10, cases reported in the world in 2005. He was a Senior Residency in SIR GANGA RAM HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI, INDIA. (October 1994 - December 1997). Worked in the Department of General Surgery , Minimal Access Surgery & Urology.
His areas of expertise include:
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries,
- Complex Gastrointestinal Surgeries,
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries,
- Laparoscopic Urology Surgeries,
- Pediatric Laparoscopy Surgeries
- Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- General Surgeon
- Laparoscopic Surgeon
Field of Expertise
- Bariatric & Metabolic ( Surgery for Type II Diabetes) Surgeries.
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Hernia surgeries including complex Hernias.
- Robotic and Laparoscopic advanced Gastrointestinal Surgeries.
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal oncologic surgeries.
- MBBS - Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, 1989
- MS - General Surgery - Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, 1994
- Director and Head at FORTIS Hospital,Vasant Kunj-2006 - 2020
- Chief Laparoscopic Surgeon at R.G. Stone Urological & Laparoscopic Research Institute-1997 - 2006
- Department of Minimal Access Surgery, Bariatric, Metabolic Surgery and Gastrointestinal Surgery at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka
Awards and Achievements
- He has numerous publications in National and International Journals.
- He has contributed a chapter in books.
- He has delivered more than 250 lectures as invited faculty and prestigious orations in National and International conferences.
- He has been an operative faculty in more than 50 National conferences.
- He has trained more than 500 surgeons in the field of Bariatric & metabolic surgeries and advanced laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgeries.
- IAGES – Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- AMASI – Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- ASI – Association of Surgeons of India
- OSSI– Obesity Surgery Society of India
- IFSO– International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- HSI – Hernia Society of India.
- APHS – Asia-Pacific Hernia Society
- Delhi Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India
- IMA – Indian Medical Association
- DMA (South Delhi Branch) – Delhi Medical Association
Share your Experiencewith Dr. Randeep WadhawanYour email address will not be published