Dr. Sunny Garg - Oncologist - Cancer Specialist
Dr. Sunny Garg is counted among the best Medical Oncologists of the country with more than 13 years of experience. He is specialized in treating all types of cancers and is widely acknowledged for treating some of the hard-to-treat cancers. Dr. Sunny has treated thousands of oncology cases and is well versed in various modalities for cancer treatment like Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, Immunotherapy, Hormonal Therapy, and Personalized Cancer Therapy.
Dr. Sunny Garg accomplished his MBBS followed by MD in Internal Medicine from the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University. After that, he did DM in Medical Oncology from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru. He has worked with several renowned cancer centers in Delhi and NCR. He is widely acknowledged for his skills and has won many awards. He has a keen interest of sharing experience, knowledge and writing research papers.
- Immunotherapy for all cancer types
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormonal Therapy
- Personalised Cancer Medicine
- Breast Cancer
- Bone Tumors
- Lung Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Genitourinary Cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Sarcoma, Lymphoma
- MBBS from the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University
- MD in Internal Medicine from the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University
- DM in Medical Oncology from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru
Awards and Achievements
“Converge Rising Star Award” for securing the third position at “CONVERGE 2015”
Author in various publications, presentations, and academic books:
- Clinical profile, treatment, and outcomes of patients with mantle cell lymphoma treated in a tertiary care center in South India. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal
- Head and Neck Lymphomas: Tip of the Iceberg? International Journal of Sciences.
- Ki67 and subtype as prognostic and predictive markers for diffuse large B cell lymphoma. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal
- Bcl-2 and subtype as prognostic and predictive markers for DLBCL. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal
- Colorectal cancer presenting as bone metastasis. Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics
- Colorectal cancer presenting as ovarian metastasis. Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: A retrospective study from a regional care center in South India. Indian Journal of Cancer
- Is colorectal cancer in young (<40 Years) different from those in the elderly (>40 Years): Experience from a regional care center. Indian Journal of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Multiple myeloma: Experience of an institute in limited resource setting. Indian Journal of Cancer
- Hodgkin’s Disease presenting as alopecia. International Journal of Trichology
- Atypical Neurofibroma and Osteosclerotic Metastasis. Case Reports in Oncological Medicine
- Mixed Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax infection with acute viral hepatitis in two brothers: A rare occurrence. International Journal of Medicine
- Trichotillomania and Dermatitis Artefacta: A Rare Coexistence. Case Reports in Psychiatry
- Primary empty sella with isolated ACTH deficiency and macroprolactinomas.
- Visceral leishmaniasis or Systemic Lupus Erythematosus flare? Case reports in Immunology.
- Rifampicin Induced Fever: International Organization of Scientific Research.
- Cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis: a rare disorder with a rare presentation. BMJ Case Reports 2012
- Correlation of Serum Endothelial Dysfunction Markers with CT Angiographic Findings in Ischemic Stroke. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease.
- A rare isolated polycystic pancreatic disease. Radiation-free diagnostic protocol in selected cases. Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- Oral mucosal involvement in visceral leishmaniasis. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine.
- Diagnostic accuracy of Sonosalpingography for assessing tubal pathology in women with secondary infertility taking laparoscopy as gold standard. Surgical Science.
- Primary neuroendocrine mediastinal tumor presenting with carcinoid syndrome and left supraclavicular lymphadenopathy. Clinico-radiological and pathological features.
- Chronic Kidney Disease and Anemia. Postgraduate Medicine – Association of Physicians of India.
- Can Diabetic Nephropathy be prevented in Young Type 2 Diabetes? Chapter in a book published by Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India.
- Diabetic Neuropathy-Epidemiology and Patho-mechanism. Macmillan Diabetology and Metabolic Syndrome Reference Series.
- Oral presentation on the topic “Impact of Rituximab addition to CHOP in DLBCL on IHC prognostic factors” at Asian Clinical Oncology Society in April 2016.
- Member of the European Society of Medical Oncology
- Member of Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology