Dr. Tapan Singh Chauhan - Surgical Oncologist in India
Dr. Tapan Singh Chauhan is MCh Surgical Oncologist with special interest in Gastrointestinal, Hepatopancreaticobiliary Oncology and Peritoneal Surface Malignancy (HIPEC). He has done MS in General Surgery from prestigious Pt. B.D. Sharma PGIMS Rohtak. He completed his Surgical Oncology training from premier Oncology institutes in the country i.e. Dr.B.R.A.IRCH, AIIMS, New Delhi and Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad. Pursuing his interest in GI oncology and minimally invasive surgery, he was at various fellowship positions, with Prof. Marcus Buechler at Heidelberg (HPB oncology), Dr. T. Subramaneshwar Rao at Indo–American Cancer Institute, Hyderabad(MIS).
He was awarded with ESSO Fellowship in Cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC at Lyon, France under Prof. Olivier Glehen and Fellowship in Minimal Access surgery (FMAS). Dr.Tapan is credited with several publications in esteemed journals and paper presentations at various national and international conferences.
- Esophagectomy open and laparoscopic
- Radical Gastrectomy with D2 Dissection.
- Radical Cholecystectomy
- Whipples Surgery
- Distal pancreatosplenectomy.
- Hemicolectomy, subtotal,total colectomy open and Laparoscopic
- Anterior resection, Low anterior resection, ULAR, APR open and Laparoscopic
- RPLND, Retroperitoneal Sarcoma Excision
- Radical Cystectomy, Radical total and partial Nephrectomy
- Cyotreductive surgeries (CRS)and HIPEC in Ovary, colorectal, Mesothelioma, Pseudomyxoma, Gastric cancer.
- Gynecological surgeries for uterine cancer, carcinoma cervix and ovarian cancer
- Including, fertility preserving surgeries.
- MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MRCS (UK)
- Ex. Senior Resident Surgical Oncology (AIIMS Delhi)
- MCh Surgical Oncology (GCRI Ahmedabad)
- Fellow GI&HPB Oncology(Germany)
- Fellow Minimal access Oncology (Hyderabad)
- ESSO Fellow in Cytoreductive surgery, HIPEC & PIPAC (France)
Awards and Achievements
- Recipient of prestigious Boehringer-Ingelheim travel grant for EHPBA Congress 2017, Mainz, Germany.
- Recipient of ESMO travel award for ESMO Asia conference 2017, Singapore
- Recipient of ESSO Fellowship award 2019 in Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC, LYON, France
- Received various prizes in Quiz, Poster, and Paper presentations.
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
- Indian society of Peritoneal surface malignancy (ISPSM)
- Indian Society of Oncology (ISO)
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI)
- European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO-US)
- European Association of Hepatopancreatobiliary Oncology (EHPBA)
- Clinical Robotic Surgery Association (CRSA)