Gastric bypass is the second most common bariatric surgery for weight loss. According to the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeries, the total number of gastric bypass surgeries performed is around 256,000 in 2019. Below is a comprehensive guide to planning gastric bypass at a reasonable cost.
More and more people are becoming overweight due to bad dietary habits, lack of exercise. It is estimated that a little over 30% of American population is already overweight and need to reduce weight to lead a healthy and long life. Since weight loss surgery might not always be covered by insurance, a lot of people are searching how much does gastric bypass cost on the internet. Weherese the costs can be very high in the USA, the costs for major bariatric surgeries like Gastric Bypass or Gastric sleeve are very less in India
Gastric Bypass surgery is a type of weight loss surgery in which surgeons create a pouch from the stomach and then connect it directly to the small intestine. Swallowed food will travel via this little pouch in the stomach and then into the small intestine, skipping the majority of your stomach and the first section of your small intestine. This results in a loss of appetite. If you want to manage your obesity then Gastric Bypass is the right option for you. You don’t need to worry about the budget. Gastric Bypass surgery cost is lesser in India than in any other country.
Gastric Bypass Surgery aids in weight loss by
We know that obesity is more than just a weight problem; it is a chronic illness affecting your entire body. Our team of specialists provides award-winning care at a lesser cost and successfully manages obesity and the health concerns that come with it. Want to know How much does Gastric Bypass Cost ?
Take a look at how much does gastric bypass cost if you plan to get it done in India.
|Procedure||Gastric Bypass Surgery Cost in USA||Gastric Bypass Surgery Cost in India||Cost Savings|
|Gastric Bypass||$15,000 - $35,000||$6,000||82%|
Contact us at +91 8448560641 or fill in the inquiry form to know more about the package.
Medical tourists come to India for a variety of reasons, including the quality of medical care as well as the hospitality they get. CureIndia is highly sought by patients all around the world for a variety of reasons, including:
The costs of most of the surgeries can come as a surprise to a lot of patients from the USA or European nations. You will be glad to know that India provides the best value for money when it comes to medical treatments because of the following factor:-
The surgeon's fee for an experienced surgeon, who has been trained abroad and has multiple fellowships remains very low in India as compared to the USA or other European countries.
India has close to 39 JCI and 350 NABH accredited hospitals and thousands of smaller clinics. The hospital fee remains low in India to cater to the massive Indian population whose income remains much less than its European counterparts. Foreign patients can take advantage of the lesser Gastric Bypass Surgery cost or hospital fees.
Cost of Living
The cost of stay or accommodation remains fairly low in India as compared to the USA or Europe. Budget hotel accommodations can start from as little as $20 per night including your breakfast in the most advanced cities like New Delhi.
For people seeking quality Gastric Bypass Surgery, India is one of the top locations in the world. India is a global center for modern healthcare services, high-quality medical care, and low-cost gastric bypass surgery. In India, the quality of this surgery’s diagnosis, treatment, and preventative health care at a lesser Gastric bypass cost is comparable to that of the world's best hospitals. Read more to know how much does gastric bypass cost in India and how much savings you can make.
They also have advanced laboratories, modular OTs, well-equipped ICUs, and rehabilitation centers. The Gastric Bypass Surgery hospitals offer various facilities such as digital diagnostic laboratories and imaging centers, blood banks, emergency medical services, ambulance services, Wi-Fi on the campuses, multi-cuisine cafeterias, and prayer rooms.
We have highly skilled doctors and medical personnel on staff. The hospitals we work with are among the greatest medical institutions in the country, providing patients with an international standard of medical care. In India, the quality of diagnosis, treatment, and preventative health care is comparable to that of the world's best professionals. The excellent amenities provided by India's hospitals are supported by the country's modern infrastructure.
Gastric bypass, also known as Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, is a weight-loss procedure that involves creating a small pouch from the stomach and connecting it to the small intestine directly. The food a patient consumes will no longer pass-through certain parts of the stomach and small intestine that absorb food, causing the body to absorb only a portion of the calories. This surgery has a high success rate for weight loss at CureIndia. Here, doctors strive to provide the best services to their patients in order to make their weight loss journey as easy as possible while also ensuring their comfort. This was made possible by a dedicated team of surgeons and staff, and India's commitment to patient care has made it the best country for gas bypass surgery.
Gastric bypass surgery is used to help you lose weight and reduce your risk of developing potentially fatal weight-related health problems like stroke, cancer, infertility, heart disease, etc. Only after you've tried to lose weight through bettering your diet and exercise habits gastric bypass surgery is recommended. If you meet the below criteria, gastric bypass and other weight-loss surgeries may be an option for you.
If your BMI is 40 or higher, you're overweight (extreme obesity). You have a serious weight-related health problem, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, or severe sleep apnea, and your BMI is 35 to 39.9 (obesity). If your BMI is 30 to 34 and you have serious weight-related health problems, you may be eligible for certain types of weight-loss surgery. Know, what can disqualify you from bariatric surgery to understand the qualification for the surgery.
How much gastric bypass cost is a common query among most weight-loss surgery aspirants. The standard cost of gastric bypass ranges between $15,000 to $35,000 in the USA. However, CureIndia facilitates it at only $6,000, saving you from an expense burden. The surgery cost may change based on hospitals and cities. One may experience a medical condition that could be out of the blue and may bring financial problems. So, it is a good idea to get insured before dealing with such medical issues.
The primary weight loss surgeries—gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, and gastric band—are generally covered by most insurance companies to some extent. However, various insurance organizations and policies may cover specific treatments differently. If you want to submit a claim for gastric bypass surgery, you must complete the requirements. These are what they are:
Gastric bypass surgery is of various forms. They all bypass (or go around) the small intestine, and some of them shrink the stomach. Based on your medical history and weight loss goals, your doctor will help you determine which type of surgery is best for you.
Weight-loss cravings are usually divided into three categories:
Gastric bypass surgery is malabsorptive in every way. Some of them are both malabsorptive and restrictive.
Roux-en-Y is the most common type of gastric bypass. Stapling the stomach creates a small pouch that holds less food. A section of the small intestine is shaped into a "Y." Roux-en-Y is defined as
Biliopancreatic diversion (BPD) is a procedure that is less common. It is more difficult to perform than the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Roux-en-Y is not the same as a biliopancreatic diversion.
It involves the removal of a portion of the lower stomach and is primarily malabsorptive (limits food absorption). It is usually reserved for patients who are severely obese, with a BMI of 50 or higher.
The surgeon permanently removes about 80% of your stomach during gastric sleeve surgery. Both gastric sleeve surgery and gastric bypass surgery shrink your stomach to a small pouch.
The pouch quickly fills up, limiting the amount of food you can eat before feeling satisfied. The amount of ghrelin, also known as the "hunger hormone," is also reduced.
The way the new stomach pouch is created differs between the two procedures. The surgeon permanently removes approximately 80% of your stomach during gastric sleeve surgery. What's left is stitched into a small banana-shaped stomach pouch. There are no other changes.
You should consult with your doctor to determine the best weight loss procedure for you. On average, gastric bypass patients lose 50 to 80% of their excess body weight in 12 to 18 months. On the other hand, gastric sleeve patients lose 60 to 70% of their excess body weight in 12 to 18 months.
Gastric bypass surgery is generally recommended for extremely obese patients with a BMI greater than 45. Gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgery can both be effective tools for long-term weight loss. Both procedures have the potential to improve obesity-related conditions.
1) Caffeinated beverages should be avoided one month before surgery.
2) You might be required to begin a physical activity program.
3) Reduce or eliminate your consumption of saturated fats, which include whole milk products, fatty meat, and fried foods.
4) Avoid substances that have not been prescribed by your doctor.
5) Drinking beverages with meals is not permitted.
6) Protein shakes or protein powder should be consumed. Protein supports and protects the muscle tissue. This can assist your body in burning fat for fuel rather than muscle. Protein also helps to keep your body strong, which can help you recover faster.
1) Follow the guidelines for when to stop eating and drinking.
2) Take the medications your doctor prescribed with a small sip of water.
3) Arrive on time at the hospital.
4) Before your surgery, you will be given general anesthesia. During surgery, anesthesia is a medication that keeps you asleep and comfortable.
5) The specifics of your gastric bypass are determined by your personal situation as well as the doctor's practices. Some surgeries are performed through large (open) incisions in your abdomen. The majority, however, are done laparoscopically, which involves inserting instruments through multiple small incisions in the abdomen.
6) Following the open or laparoscopic incisions, the surgeon cuts across the top of your stomach, sealing it off from the rest of your stomach. The resulting pouch is approximately the size of a walnut and can only hold about an ounce of food. Your stomach can normally hold about 3 pints of food.
7) The surgeon then cuts the small intestine and sews a section of it directly onto the pouch. Food enters this small pouch of the stomach and then directly into the small intestine, which is sewn to it. The majority of your stomach and the first section of your small intestine is bypassed, and food enters directly into the middle section of your small intestine.
8) Surgery typically lasts a few hours. You awaken in a recovery room after surgery, where medical staff monitors you for any complications.
1) After surgery, most people stay in the hospital for 1 to 4 days.
2) On the day of surgery in the hospital, you will be asked to sit on the side of the bed and walk a little.
3) For 1 or 2 days, you may have a (tube) catheter inserted through your nose into your stomach. This tube aids in the drainage of fluids from your intestine.
4) You may be using a catheter to remove urine from your bladder.
5) For the first 1 to 3 days, you will be unable to eat. Following that, you can consume liquids, followed by pureed or soft foods.
6) You may have a tube connected to the bypassed portion of your stomach. The catheter will emerge from your side and drain fluids.
7) To help prevent blood clots, you will wear special stockings on your legs.
8) You will be given medicine shots to prevent blood clots.
9) You will be given pain medication. You will take pain pills or be given pain medication via an IV, which is a catheter that is inserted into your vein.
You will be allowed to leave when:
1) You are not likely to vomit if you consume liquids or pureed foods. You can move around without much difficulty. You do not require pain medication administered via IV or shot. Make sure to follow the instructions for self-care.
2) In the first year after surgery, most people lose 10 to 20 pounds (4.5 to 9 kilograms) per month. Weight loss will slow down over time.
3) You lose more weight if you stick to your diet and exercise plan from the start.
4) You could lose half or more of your excess weight in the first two years. If you are still on a liquid or pureed diet after surgery, you will lose weight quickly.
5) Weighing less should also make it easier for you to move around and perform your daily activities.
6) To lose weight and avoid complications from the procedure, you must adhere to the exercise and dietary recommendations provided by your doctor and dietitian.
For gastric bypass, India has the highest success rate, lowest cost of surgery, safe surgery using new technologies, and a comprehensive team of highly experienced surgeons.
Each and every bariatric operation has restrictions. You may not be happy with your weight-loss surgery. Sometimes, the recovery is delayed which might indicate any underlying condition. People also get confused between a gastric bypass vs sleeve.
Remember that it is common to have problems after a weight-loss treatment. There is a medical solution available for that. The weight-loss surgery experts can suggest the proper surgical revision to meet your weight-loss goals. All you need to do is to go through a thorough medical assessment.
Typically, the first gastric bypass surgery costs between $20,000 and $30,000 in the USA. The cost of the revision of Gastric Bypass surgery for weight loss varies from patient to patient. The cost will be lower if the revision process simply needs a tiny adjustment. However, the revision surgery may call for new surgical technology to make significant adjustments. Such a technique can be even more expensive than the initial procedure.
The cost of bariatric surgery includes facility fees, anesthetic expenses, lab test fees, and top bariatric surgeon fees. These are all additional costs associated with the revision of the gastric bypass. These cost-related issues may differ from one clinic to another. It depends on elements including the experience of the surgeon and the care offered at the center. So, if you ask, 'Is gastric bypass reversible', the answer is yes.
How is the revision gastric bypass success rate over the long term? If you ask an expert, they will tell you that revision surgery recoveries have fewer complications. Revision band to bypass operations might reduce excess body weight by up to 70-75%. Surgery to transition from a band to a duodenal switch can result in excess body weight loss of up to 80%. Patients with gastric bypass revision typically lose 60-65% of their extra body weight or around 10-15% less weight.
We want to make modern healthcare available to all patients in the world for a reasonable price. Our experts will assist you in obtaining expert medical advice from specialists as well as locating the top doctors and hospitals in India for Gastric Bypass Surgery at a reasonable cost.
1). You can reach out to us by the following methods:
a) Whatsapp or connect manually at +91 8448560641
b) Email: email@example.com
c) International helpline for calling: +91 9555887700
d) Fill out an inquiry form on our website
2). As soon as you contact us, our case manager will get back to you within 24 hours. We will gather your requirements and clinical images (if needed), and discuss them with our cosmetic surgeons. We will get back to you with a suitable cost package and a treatment plan thereafter.
3) We will book your appointment as per your travel schedule and make all necessary arrangements.
4) We will pick you up at the New Delhi Airport on the day of your arrival, and the medical travel process starts.