For the patients looking for tooth replacement but don’t want or can’t receive conventional restorations, we have mini dental implants for you.
Dental Implants are replacement tooth roots in the form of metal posts or frame that are positioned beneath your jawline via surgery. When the implants are placed at the same time as the tooth is removed, the procedure is known as immediate implant placement. It is a convenient method for the patient as it allows the surgical treatment to be completed in one intervention, unlike the conventional or two visit implants.
Mini Dental Implants have the same structure as regular implants but are slightly smaller in form. The implants have two parts:
• A titanium post with a ball on the end
• A socket with a rubber O-ring that attaches the tooth to the post
• Unlike other traditional implant treatment that involves multiple appointments with treatment extending from 6 months to 1 year but, Mini Dental Implants are done in one visit using general anaesthesia without any sutures.
• The success rate of Mini Dental implants is high.
• Mini Dental Implants eliminates the need for bone grafting and accelerates the treatment.
• For the patients looking for a permanent and quick solution for teeth restoration, Mini Dental Implants is the best option.
• A precise treatment planning is required before surgery. So, for future planning, your dentist will take your impressions, x-rays and CBCT.
• On the day of the surgery, the patient will be anaesthetized with local anaesthesia & number of implants to be placed will be decided by your implantologist.
• The bone will be drilled to accommodate the mini dental implant by the implantologist and later implants will be placed.
• Later, the dentures are placed into the designated spots.
• The implants firmly hold the dentures with superior stability for a lifetime.
Mini dental Implants require the same care as natural teeth, i.e
• Floss once a day
• Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste