Dr Vikas Gupta - Best Neurointerventional & Neuro-surgeon in India
Dr Vikas Gupta is the Director & Head of the Neurosurgery department & Neurointerventional Surgery at Max Shalimar Bagh.
Dr Vikas ( Neurointerventional & Neuro-surgeon ) is a highly accomplished and highly experienced neurosurgeon in India. He got his post-doctoral training in neurological surgery from G.B Pant Hospital and Maulana Azad Medical College, the University of Delhi, where he nearly spent 10 years. He (Neurointerventional & Neuro-surgeon ) has undergone a fellowship in interventional neurological surgery from the University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland under the guidance of Professor A Valavanis, who is the Director of the “Institute of Interventional Neuroradiology”, he is a living legend in the field of Interventional Neuroradiology. And he spent his time at Froedtert Hospital, University of Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Dr Vikas Gupta ( Neurointerventional & Neuro-surgeon ) has huge experience in the field of Neurosurgery and he has been performing neurological and neuroendovascular procedures for more than 21 years. He is among a handful of Neurosurgeons in India who are formally trained in both micro-neurosurgeries as well as neuro-interventional surgeries.
Dr Vikas Gupta ( Neurointerventional & Neuro-surgeon ) has been a co-author of textbooks of neurosurgery and he is on the editorial board of Neurology India and various other national and international journals and is a prominent speaker at national and international conferences.
Area of expertise of Dr Vikas Gupta
- Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Percutaneous coiling
- surgical clipping of intracranial aneurysms
- Embolization of brain vascular malformations.
- Tumour embolizations.
- Carotid artery interventions both endovascular and microsurgical
- Acute stroke interventions
- Management of Intra-cerebral haemorrhages.
- Neurovascular Surgeon
- Neurointevention Specialist
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation (Epilepsy)
- Epilepsy surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Peripheral Neurosurgery
- Brain Suite
- Neuro intervention: Aneurysms/AVM/Acute Stroke
- Neuro Endoscopy: Pituitary Tumors/Brain Tumors/Hydrocephalus
- Minimal invasive spine surgery and spine reconstruction
- Brain Aneurysm Coiling
- MBBS from Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, 1987
- MS in General Surgery from PUNJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH, 1991
- MCh in Neuro Surgery from G B Pant Hospital / Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 1998
- Fellowship in Interventional Neurosurgery (FINR) - Zurich, 2009
- 2018-2020 Consultant and Head of Neurosurgery, NeuroInterventional Surgery at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka
- 2012 - 2018 Director & HOD in Neurosurgery and Interventional Neuro-Radiology/ Endovascular Neurosurgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospitality New Delhi
- 2004 - 2012 Sr. Consultant at Fortis Hospital
- 2002 - 2004 Consultant at Escorts Hospital & Research Centre
- 1993 - 2002 Senior Research Associate at Maulana Azad Medical College
- 1993 - 2002 Senior Research Associate at G. B. Pant Hospital
- Presently working as a Director & HOD in Neurosurgery and Interventional Neuro-Radiology/ Endovascular Neurosurgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital
Awards and Achievements
- Fellow in Interventional Neuro-radiology at Institute of Neuro-radiology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland (6mths)
- Published more than 20 papers in International and national peer-reviewed journals
- Delivered guest lectures at a number of National and international conferences.
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons, USA
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- AMERICAN ACADEMY OF NEUROLOGY
- American Stroke Council
- Society of Vascular Intervention in Neurology, USA
- Neurological Society of India
- Skull Base Society of India
- Spinal Surgeons Association of India
- Delhi Neurological Association
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Indian Society of Neuro-anesthesiology and Critical Care