Endometriosis is a medical condition that exists in female patients. Women affected with this type of condition, suffer from endometriosis pain, which may very likely to vary over a period of time. The inner lining of the uterus, otherwise known as endometrium has tissues, which begin to grow in several adjoining places such as the fallopian tubules and the ovaries. This medical condition can affect women of any age and at any point in time. However, there is no reason to panic, as endometriosis treatment is available and it can improve the quality of life.
Endometriosis surgery is one of the treatments available. Endometriosis mainly involves a rather painful condition wherein a tissue lining which is very similar to that of the uterus lining which is endometrium starts growing outside the uterus. This condition mainly involves adverse effects to your ovaries, fallopian tubes and tissue lining in your pelvis. This condition would not spread beyond your pelvic organs. With this condition, the endometrial style tissue would mainly cause broadening, breaking down and bleeding during the menstrual cycle. But since the tissue does not have any way to go out, it would become trapped inside.
When this condition is caused because of ovaries, then this would result in the formation of cysts also known as endometriomas, or endometrial cyst. The tissue surrounding this would cause a lot of irritation, and this would eventually form scar tissues and even adhesions. These adhesions are uncommon bands of fibrous tissues that would result in the formation of pelvic tissues and organs sticking towards each other. The condition can cause uncontrollable pain, it can at times be severe and this would occur mainly during the menstrual cycle. There would also result in fertility problems among women, and there are treatments available to mitigate this problem effectively.
Every big and small disease is known by its symptoms, and the same is true in the case of endometriosis. However, in this case, the symptoms may likely to vary in every individual. There are women who get affected severely, and this becomes quite evident during endometriosis diagnosis. And there are also many women who may not show any signs of suffering through their entire productive and non-productive life. This is important to understand with respect to endometriosis treatment. Here are a few significant signs and symptoms of endometriosis that need to be looked straight inside right from the beginning:
It is not correct to judge the intensity of the disease with menstrual pain itself. You can even have mild levels of endometriosis and experience severe levels of pain, and the condition can be vice versa as well.
Endometriosis can sometimes be misplaced with PID or Pelvic Inflammatory Disease or endometrial cysts. It can also be mixed up with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) wherein constipation and abdominal cramping can occur. It is therefore recommended to consult your doctor and understand the correct symptoms of this condition accurately.
CureIndia helps you choose the right doctor for your medical treatment. Most of the doctors in our associated hospitals have been internationally trained and are active members of many international medical councils and associations. Let's hear from some of the most reputed doctor's for PCOS treatment in India.
There are not any exact causes known behind the endometriosis, although many possible explanations are there, a few of them includes:
• Retrograde menstruation - In this type of menstruation, menstrual blood that already has profuseness of endometrial cells begins to flow back to fallopian tubes and subsequently make an entry into the pelvic cavity. The menstrual blood does not flow outside the body, and as a result, the endometrial cells get fixed to pelvic walls and the organs. Once here, these cells begin to grow and their walls get thick. During every menstrual cycle, bleeding occurs, and the chances of retrograde menstruation increase. This is the time to think about endometriosis treatment.
• Peritoneal cells transformation- According to the "induction theory," hormones or immune factors help in the active transformation of peritoneal cells. Basically, these cells are on the inner side of your abdomen and may get transformed into endometrial-like cells.
• Transformation of embryonic cells- Female sex hormones like estrogen may transmute embryonic cells — cells during the initial stages of development — into endometrial-like cell implants after the puberty condition is reached.
• Implantation of surgical scar- After the performance of the surgery, like C-section, endometrial cells would get attached to surgical incision and may cause problems.
• Transportation of Endometrial cells- In this type of condition, the lymphatic system will transport endometrial cells to different body parts.
• Disorder in the immune system- Due to the disorder in the immune system, our body will find it difficult to identify and kill the endometrial-like tissues, which grows on the outer lining of the uterus.
There are many possible signs of endometriosis and this largely depends on respective endometriosis stages. You need to go for the diagnostic tests by visiting an experienced doctor. The doctor will examine physical clues to make the assessment of endometriosis stages as well as the occurrence of the endometrial cyst. Here are a few endometriosis treatment procedures applicable today:
• Pelvic examination –In this type of examination, the doctor would feel palpated areas in the pelvic region to find out any kind of abnormalities such as endometrial cyst in organs or judge any possibilities of scars inside the uterus. The doctor may not able to catch hold of the condition of thoracic endometriosis if there are no cysts.
• Ultrasound-High frequency sound waves are used in the creation of images of organs and these images are then captured with the help of transducer. Usually, the transducer is pressed on the thoracic region or abdomen and also inserted into the vagina, if it is transvaginal ultrasound. It is not every time that Ultrasound turns out to be a confirmatory diagnostic test to ascertain whether the patient has endometriosis or not. However, with the help of this method, cysts can be identified and beginning of endometriosis treatment.
• Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - An MRI examination uses the blend of the magnetic field as well as radio waves for creating a full image of essential areas within the body. With the help of MRI, your doctor can have a fair idea of endometrial implants.
• Diagnosis with laparoscopy-In this diagnostic method, the doctor will peep inside your abdominal cavity to take a closer look of endometrial tissues. Endometriosis pain can become chronic in certain women, though with the help of prescription drugs and “over the counter” treatments, signs and symptoms of endometriosis can be improved and everything else can be controlled within the stipulated timeframe. In case you go through any kind of symptoms relating to retrograde menstruation, it is always better that you consult your doctor, as this is the time when you need endometriosis diagnosis for initializing the endometriosis treatment.