Dr Suraj Munjal - Best Ophthalmologist in India
Dr Suraj Munjal (founder & CMD) started practising (Ophthalmology) in 2009 with the blessing of his parents Dr R.C. Munjal & Dr Chand Munjal. Clinically, he is into Refractive Surgeries & Cornea transplants with a wide variety of complicated & referred cases from different parts of the country as well as other countries. He is the best Ophthalmologist in Delhi and Founder & Chief Medical Officer of Spectra Eye Group of Hospitals.
He always wanted to provide the best eye care services in India & abroad at a very affordable cost with personalized touch without any compromise on the ethics. He has travelled to Middle East countries like Iraq, Dubai, Kurdistan, Bahrain etc. for surgeries on the invitation of the Local Governments.
He is also:
- Head of the Department, Ophthalmology at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi
- Head of the Department, Ophthalmology at Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
Eye Colour Change surgery by Dr Suraj Munjal
A popular model Pixee Fox from Sweden, who went 20+ plastic surgeries to fulfil her wish to look like a living cartoon. She chose India for getting her eye color change surgery by our specialist eye doctor Dr Suraj Munjal. She opted for the Sea Green color as she felt that it’s really extreme that one couldn’t have naturally.
The eye color change surgery is also known as iris implant surgery. It is a surgical procedure to get a permanent eye color change. The surgery in India is done by Dr Suraj Munjal and it is quite fresh and popular in India. Here you will receive the highest level of quality and technology in eye care and exceptional personal care. As a patient, you will experience complete integrity.
- High School: St. Xavier’s, Sirsa.
- Senior secondary school: Air Force School, Sirsa.
- MBBS from a very reputed Medical College (PGIMS ROHTAK ).
- MS (Ophthalmology) from a prestigious college (University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi).
- Phaco Emulsification Fellowship & Comprehensive training at AdityaJyot Eye Hospital.
- Clinical fellow of the university hospital of Tuebingen (UKT, Germany)
- Senior Resident: GTB Hospital & RML Hospital, New Delhi.
Dr Suraj Munjal has more than 15 years of experience in the field of Ophthalmology. He’s the founder of Spectra Eye group of Hospitals and he is into Refractive Surgeries & Cornea transplants with a wide variety of complicated & referred cases from different parts of the country as well as other countries.
Awards and Achievements
- One of the highest users of Multifocal & Toric IOL in Delhi & NCR region.
- Registered with the Council of Mauritius for performing surgeries.
- Registered with Council of Nigeria for performing surgeries.
- Regularly organize camps for underprivileged people & providing them free treatment.
- Consultant Eye Surgeon of Honorable Chief Minister of Mizoram, India.
- One of the two Renowned Eye Surgeons in India performing Bright Ocular Surgery. (One of the few around the world)
- One of the few centres in the country equipped with Robotic Cataract system.
- He is the first one to start LASIK eye surgery & ICL in Mauritius.
- Speaker & scientific advisor to Many Multinational Pharma companies like Alcon, B&L, Abbott.
- Won the Best Paper Award at AIOS 2008 for his thesis work on squint developing new technique modified technique of MR recession in infantile esotropia by y splitting.
- Being honoured as a Faculty by DOS from last 5 consecutive years.
- Currently heading the Spectra Eye Centers ( Group of Eye Hospitals) at Delhi- NCR & Mauritius ( Refractive Centre at Fortis, Darne and Eye department at Apollo, Welkins)
- In his career of 7 years post pg, he has done about 25000 cataract surgeries, 10000 LASIK surgeries, 1000 squint surgeries, 1000 corneal transplants.
- The highest user of the INTACS ring for keratoconus in North India.
- One of the leading users of ICL in North India.
- Amongst the first three top users of ICL for Biotech Visioncare Pvt Ltd., a leading manufacturer of ophthalmic products.
- ESCRS ( European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeries)
- DOS ( Delhi Ophthalmologic Society)
- SSI ( Squint Society of India)