- Dr. Sanjay Singh Negi is a qualified Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary, Liver Transplant, Laparoscopic, and G.I Onco-surgeon who has Indian, European and American Board qualifications. He obtained MCh degree in Gastro-Intestinal Surgery from GB Pant Hospital, University of Delhi and further underwent advanced training in Hepato-Biliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation at centres of excellence like Asan Medical Centre, Seoul and Florence Nightingale Hospital, Istanbul.
- He has over two decades of experience in the field while working at premier institutes like GB Pant Hospital, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences as a faculty, managing Gastrointestinal and Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary diseases. He is an accomplished Liver Transplant surgeon who has been involved in over700 liver transplantation procedures with results at par with the very best centres in the world. Over 20% of these transplants have been performed in pediatric and acute liver failure patients. At Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences (New Delhi), where he worked as Additional Professor, he had the unique distinction of being the pioneer of establishing successful liver transplant programme in the public sector in India as well as initiating the first and only fellowship course in HPB Surgery towards the award of MCh degree duly accredited by Medical Council of India.
Dr. Sanjay Singh Negi is presently working as a Sr. Consultant & Director in HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi and he has an experience of more than 20 years.
Awards and Achievements
- Delivered Dr Ramesh Nigam Memorial Oration 2012 at Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India, Kolkata (India), December 2012
- Awarded Healthcare Leadership Award 2012 in recognition of his outstanding contribution in promoting inclusive healthcare by Knowledge Resource Development & Welfare Group at New Delhi, November 2012.
- Awarded Honorary European Diploma in Transplantation Surgery (FEBS) awarded by Division of Transplantation of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and the European Board of Surgery (EBS) which work in close collaboration with the European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT) at Romania, September 2012. (First Indian to get such an honorary award).
- Awarded Smt. Rajalaxmi Ramachandran Memorial Trophy and Medal for Junior Resident in Surgery for exemplary devotion to duty for the year 1995-96 at Lady Hardinge Medical College & Associated Hospitals, New Delhi (India).
- Awarded Dr. Dhume Memorial Gold Medal for second best graduate of the year 1993 at Goa Medical College, Panaji, Goa (India).
- Awarded prizes for best performance in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, ENT and Ophthalmology at Goa Medical College, Panaji, Goa (India).
- Granted scholarships by Dalmia Trust and Brihad Bhartiya Samaj from December 1988 to December 1992 for pursuing M.B.B.S degree course at Goa Medical College, Panaji, Goa (India).
Member Editorial Board
- Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research
- Webmed Central
Reviewer of International Journals
- British Journal of Surgery
- Hepatology International
- Digestive and Liver Disease
- Indian Journal of Gastroenterology
Membership of Societies
- American College of Surgeons
- International Liver Transplantation Society
- Australasian Pancreatic Club
- International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists
- International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (Indian Chapter)
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology Indian Medical Association